The CBD Advertiser is committed to combating modern slavery and human trafficking in all its forms. We recognize our responsibility to ensure that our operations and supply chains are free from these abhorrent practices. This Modern Slavery Statement outlines the steps we are taking to identify and address modern slavery risks and demonstrates our commitment to upholding ethical practices within our organization.
- Definition of Modern Slavery: The CBD Advertiser defines modern slavery as any form of forced labor, human trafficking, debt bondage, servitude, or exploitation of individuals, whether adults or children, for the purpose of economic gain or control.
- Compliance with Laws: We fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning modern slavery and human trafficking in the jurisdictions where we operate. This includes but is not limited to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 in the United Kingdom.
- Due Diligence: We conduct ongoing due diligence to identify and assess modern slavery risks within our operations and supply chains. This includes evaluating our suppliers, contractors, and business partners to ensure they meet our ethical standards and share our commitment to combatting modern slavery.
- Supplier Engagement: We engage with our suppliers to promote awareness of modern slavery and encourage their adherence to ethical practices. We expect our suppliers to have robust policies and procedures in place to address modern slavery risks within their own operations and supply chains.
- Training and Awareness: We provide training and awareness programs to our employees and stakeholders to ensure they understand the signs of modern slavery and the actions to take if they suspect or encounter any instances of exploitation. This training is regularly reviewed and updated to reflect best practices and emerging trends.
- Reporting Mechanisms: We maintain accessible reporting mechanisms to encourage the reporting of any concerns or suspicions related to modern slavery. This includes confidential channels for employees, suppliers, and other stakeholders to raise concerns without fear of reprisal.
- Investigations and Remediation: In the event of any suspected or identified instances of modern slavery, we will promptly investigate and take appropriate remedial actions. This may include terminating relationships with suppliers or contractors involved in modern slavery practices and cooperating with relevant authorities to ensure legal actions are pursued.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to continuously reviewing and improving our policies, procedures, and practices to combat modern slavery. This includes collaborating with industry partners, experts, and stakeholders to share knowledge and best practices and staying informed about emerging trends and legislation related to modern slavery.
The CBD Advertiser is firmly dedicated to eradicating modern slavery and human trafficking from our operations and supply chains. We will continue to strengthen our practices, engage with our stakeholders, and raise awareness to combat this heinous crime. This Modern Slavery Statement reflects our commitment to transparency and accountability in the fight against modern slavery.
This statement is reviewed regularly and is approved by the executive leadership of The CBD Advertiser.
The CBD Advertiser